Pages

Monday, April 24, 2006

Sunday...less shoppers, more partiers :o)



it's okay...saturday was such a good day, that I wasn't too upset about Sunday being the day that all peeps wanted to do was watch parades, watch people and dance. Except for the wind...I kept having to re-arrange things and at one point my sign feel down...

Oh, and while I'm at it...a few of the highlights: A woman from the RC Gorman Gallery in Old Town came by my booth and wanted to buy a lot of stuff wholesale to put in the gallery. She says she will see how it goes. Also a man stopped by to say he is opening a gallery in Madrid which is an old mining town on the other side of the Sandia Mtns that is now a thriving hippy/art colony and a great place to shop. He wants me to put some things there...

some cool friends stopped by from the NM Guild...Phreadde, who is a co-founder of the guild, but is heavily into watercolor, but is still doing a brisk wholesale business supplying pc pen/pencil sets to some businesses in NYC. And Ginger who I met while taking classes from Victoria Hughes when she was still in Albq. Ginger is a sweetie. I have a lot of people interested in classes that signed my mailing list and I handed out a gazillion cards. I talked and talked about PC...I was so glad that I brought along my box of canes...and a little story board from Sarah's class...that helped soooo much.

Two more things that were just hilarious...

First thing Saturday morning before I even got to my booth, I spilled Starbucks all over my top...I guess I was just a little nervous. I had to work the booth alone until about 2PM (they were all at Danny's track meet) wearing my sweater over the stains and it was hot! Sunday I brought an extra top just in case *g*

and...DH was standing in my booth Sunday when a woman walked bycarrying her baby sideways and breast-feeding. DH says..."Boy, he looks like he's having fun" (or he looks comfortable or something like that)" DOH! I said...RUDY! Then he realized his mistake and apologized. isn't that just like a man though?!! Freudian slip, ya think? It was too funny...my son Evan and I just could not contain our giggles! And luckily, the mom was a good sport and just laughed along with us.

Oh and for those who are interested...I did about $750 Sat and $350 Sunday. The booth was only $100 for both days. to be honest, I'm shocked that I did that well...I handed all the cash over to DH as we went along and he counted it all. One more great thing about this past weekend...the guys have a teeny bit more respect for me :o)

7 comments:

Kamoe said...

Wooow, here is the second one doing the happy dance. Congrats, MS Barb. I knew that you would be very successful. :))

Barb Fajardo said...

Kathi, kathi...what *are* we gonna do with you...

Deja vu...I feel like we've been here before *eg*

Barb Fajardo said...

Thanks for doing the happy dance along with Kathi...I can just see you two :o)

Barb Fajardo said...

It was a moment Krista...a very funny moment...priceless ;o)

Reminds me of the *two* times that I asked an un-pregnant woman when she was due...hehe...I turned about a dozen shades of red.

Anonymous said...

(did I not comment on this? hmm...)

WOW! That's a lot of cash for just 2 days! Congrats. :) Got any more shows lined up in the near future?

Barb Fajardo said...

Oh, my kids are great at embarrassing me too. They enjoy it too much, if you ask me!

I like your pic Krista...I might put mine up there too, but for now, I'm just gonna use a bead.

Barb Fajardo said...

Hey Fae :o)

Here's sort of a link to the next one I'm shooting for. It's called the Harvest Festival in Corrales.

http://www.visitcorrales.com/VacationPlanner/SpecialEvents/specialevents.html