Pages

Saturday, April 15, 2006

My bro Leif

A good friend of my brother Leif's sent me this a few days ago...I miss Leif so much. We lost him a year ago this summer to alcoholism. He was my husband's best friend. Please don't drink. Love you all.

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright no matter how gray theday may appear.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive and everlasting.
I wish you enough pain so that even the smallest of joys in life may appear bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye.

They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them but then an entire life to forget them.

TAKE TIME TO LIVE.....
To all my friends and loved ones
I WISH YOU ENOUGH

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you Barb, and sending a hug : )

DiAnne

Kamoe said...

Dear Barb,
I wish you that you work as you need no money,
that you love as nobody have had hurt you,
that you dance as nobody would look at you,
that you sing as nobody would hear you, that you live as it would be the paradise on earth.
You're in my thoughts. Karin

Barb Fajardo said...

{{{{{{{DiAnne and Kathi}}}}}}}

You are both wonderful and caring friends...I am so lucky to have pals like you in my life :o)

Love you...

Barb Fajardo said...

Karin...your poetry is just so beautiful to me...thank you my friend...

Love you,
Barb

Anonymous said...

The hardest words to write are the ones meant to ease bereavement... Words with enough sincere empathy that the recipient will feel comforted in the fact that they are not alone in their grief.

So of course I've not had the words to write up to now... well, in fact I don't really have the words now! It seems so hollow to say, "I know how you feel"... when in fact I do. Alcoholism runs rampant on my dad's side, so there have been more than a few premature funerals.

On the up side! - I hope our newfound friendship continues to grow! :) Plus, I only associate myself with talented and good-looking people. So you have to know you rank way up there. hee hee!

~HUGS~

Barb Fajardo said...

Ah Fae...you're a doll. Something inside me just made me miss him so terribly when I read the note his friend sent. His death was so meaningless and I continue to ask myself "why?" on a daily basis. Most days are okay...but lately I feel his presence, and he hasn't let me know that he's okay yet...so I guess I'm still grieving.

btw, I just read your Walmart story. If anyone can make me LOL at the computer, it's you dear Fae..

Love ya :o)