Pages

Monday, April 10, 2006

I am so %%^&*%$#*))^%^&* p-o'd!!!

Not sure how to spell that, but after my story, you'll get my drift...
I have been sitting on my a** all day waiting for a fedex shipment of my slides to submit to Bead Dreams 2006. They say they were delivered to my front door and they WERE NOT! I think I would know dagfrigginnabbit!!!! And today is the @#$%%^^^&&%$ deadline to have them postmarked by!!

I just sent an email to customer service of Bead and Button and will call them first thing tomorrow to see if there is any way at all that I can submit late....prolly not though :o(

Sorry, needed to vent. You know how it goes...you work your butt off, finally make some things you think might be good enough, you fret over pictures, you finally find a place to order slides from, you pay extra to get them here for the deadline, and the very last guy in the chain screws everything up!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh crap. I've had that happen with Fed Ex in the past. I refuse to use them if I can avoid it! They left a box of my new checks on the porch of the wrong address! Since it was technically "delivered" and the delivery person couldn't specify which address it was left at, I was screwed. And this was a package I specifically requested a signature upon delivery so this wouldn't happen! So I had to go through the trouble of having every check number in that set made void by the bank, and then reorder. And the reason I needed the bleepin checks over night is because I had BILLS to pay. So the ripple effect meant that I also had to pay late fees.... I'm there with you hon! I hope B&B will work with you... but they have to do what they have to do... :(

Barb Fajardo said...

Thanks Kath...I've been emailing back and forth this morning with Lora, one of the editors...she's been great :o)

I had pretty much given up, though it sounded like Lora was prepared to give me some extra time...but...I'm happy to report Fae that my envelope was under the doormat...the one next door!

Anyway, the fedex guy that delivered it there apologized profusely. And he's right, the numbers on our street are kind of wonky. Why, oh why didn't I check *that* neighbors doormat yesterday?? I checked the houses behind us and to the west...

Oh well, off to the post office. Lora said as long as I get it there by Friday, all is good. Thanks for the support girls...what would i do without ya's?

Libby said...

The staff at Bead & Button are really understanding and helpful. Good luck with Bead Dreams! I hope I get to see your entry when I'm at the show. I didn't enter anything this year. Too much upheaval in my life these days. Your beads are so beautiful, I hope you do well.

Barb Fajardo said...

Hi Libby! You are so sweet to pop in! The staff at B&B have been great so far...except that I had pics for a tile article all done and then I was told that they needed them on a white background...oh well, thankfully I got most of that done today :o)

Time does seem to get away from us doesn't it. I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to enter anything in Bead Dreams, but at least I won't have to go up against you this year ;o)

Thanks for the well wishes Lib...it's so nice to see you here :o)

Barb Fajardo said...

Feeling any better yet kathi? ////sending healing vibes...

Ari Farber said...

i love love LOVE your blog, keep it up!

Barb Fajardo said...

:o) Thanks Ari! Sometimes it's difficult to keep up, but happy that you're enjoying the blog...

Anonymous said...

Hooray! I'm so GLAD you found the package. And that you don't have unscrupulous neighbors. :P And I hope we get to see that article soon! :)