Pages

Monday, May 08, 2006

Life is like a box of chocolates...

It's the same with all of us...life and good health are wonderful. Children growing into adults...knowing that you helped them along...again wonderful. I know life is a cycle, it has it's ups and downs, beginnings and ends. I find myself a little melancholy these past few days.

My dad's been sick for about a month. He went to the emergency room one night when he couldn't go to the bathroom for 2 days. His prostate is very enlarged and his PSA test (a blood test that they do) is abnormally high. He's scheduled for a biopsy on the 21st of this month...just a few days before my oldest graduates from high school. My dad's 83 and I'm the executor of his will...I know what's ahead of me...and him.

At the same time, I'm planning a graduation party for my oldest. Kind of sad and kind of happy...weird...

Anyway, the good news is, my PolymerCAFE came today...Kathi... :o)

2 comments:

Kamoe said...

Sorry to read that, Barb. Keep you in my prayers. Karin

Barb Fajardo said...

Thanks Karin and Kath...just got off the phone with him. By the time he gets the biopsy, he will have been living with a catheter in for two months exactly...:o(

He's tired, but keeping his spirits up as much as possible. Thanks for being there you guys...it helps so much to be able to talk about it.