Pages

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Blue Green Flora beads are the most fun to make...



not sure why...whenever I made caned flora beads, I almost always avoided blue for some reason (me too Susan :o). But these well, the blue makes me think Lapis and I love how gold (that has always been a favorite of mine) looks with blue and green. I did like the purple too like Marla did so I'm sure more of those will be coming. Something else that Mel noticed is that the outie textures are cooler than the innies (are we talking about belly buttons or what?) I'm right there with you Melly. You should be able to see what we mean if you look at the largest image either here or on flickr.

I'm using findings from Vintaj with these beads so I'm calling them Vintage Flora...tricky huh? Loving how the red coraly orangy brown looks too, so I made a first simple necklace so you can see the style that I'm going for. I've never been great at making jewelry so linking and unlinking and making loops is about all I can bring myself to do. Oh, btw this is all to get ready for the wholesale show, ACRE coming up in Las Vegas in June. I think I've finally found a theme :o) If you are interested, there are a few up for sale here.

2 comments:

Debbie Bellibone Goodrow said...

Absolutely gorgeous.

I appreciate that you remarked that 'making jewelry' is not something you're great at. Sometimes we assume that if you can make a gorgeous bead or focal or whatever, then you're equally talented at assembling them into an exquisite arrangement. And as you know, the devil can be in the details. I've seen some gorgeous beads that seem lost and sad amidst much to busy findings.

How would those flowers look as single on a simple buna cord type thing?

Sandy said...

These are wonderful! Oh, how I wish my polymer clay and I got along....